Black Ops II launches Monday November 13th at midnight and millions of gamers will be filling up the servers shortly after. With that said, the following is a brief yet detailed outline of things you should know before Monday.
Campaign – A time-spanning, generation-spanning narrative, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 introduces players to an insidious villain named Raul Menendez who hijacks the US military infrastructure to further his own agenda. Harness the power of near-future technology and advanced robotics to pull the world back from the brink of annihilation.
Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 catapults players to the year 2025 to confront an insidious criminal mastermind namedRaul Menendez who has stolen the keys to the U.S. military infrastructure and turned our greatest strengths against us. Engage in classified operations that harness the power of future-tech weapons and advanced robotics to pull the world’s superpowers back from the brink of annihilation.
Multiplayer – Rooted in near-future fiction, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 2 multiplayer will introduce players to some of the most cutting-edge weaponry and equipment that 2025 will have to offer.
Black Ops 2 multiplayer introduces a re-imagined Create-a-Class, introducing players to a new “pick-10” allocation system that allows for a combination of any 10 items, making almost anything possible. The new Score Streak system rewards players that play to the objective and help their team win. League Play, CODcasting and Live Streaming combine to make Call of Duty fun to watch, by providing players with the tools to commentate games and broadcast those games to the world.
Zombies – Collect the right pieces as you make your way through TRANZIT and you might have a chance to put them to good use. Shotguns are classic, and rifles are powerful, but neither can compare with the cover offered by the ZOMBIE SHIELD!
We’ll ignore the rigor mortis to shell out a few well-deserved high-fives to those Zombie Bus followers who put the pieces together themselves already. The buildable Zombie Shield is just one of many surprises we have in store as you make your way through the BIGGEST Zombies experience yet!
- FN FAL
- DSR 50
- STORM PSR
- CHICOM QCB
- Vector K10
- Skorpion EVO 3
- Seiga 12
- Model 1100
- MK 48
- RAGING JUDGE
- KRISS KARD
- FHJ-18 AA
Assault Rifle Attachments
- Reflex Scope
- Target Finder
- Hybrid Optic
- Fast Mag
- Laser Sight
- Fore Grip
- Adjustable Stock
- Grenade Scanner
- Millimeter Scanner
- Grenade Launcher
- Select Fire
- Extended Clip
- Extended Clip
- Fast Mag
- Dual Wield
- Laser Sight
- Combat axe
- Bouncing Betty
- Black Hat PDA (Get close to enemy equipment and point this data pad at it to hack it and turn it against enemies. Takes ages to hack though!)
- Smoke grenade
- Sensor grenade
- Concussion grenade
- Shock charge (a throwable stick that emits an electric shock across a surface, rooting targets to the spot)
- Tactical Insertion
Wildcards (Bend the rules of the ‘Pick 10′ system slightly)
- Perk 1 Greed (Lets you choose a second perk from tier 1)
- Perk 2 Greed
- Perk 3 Greed
- Primary Gunfighter
- Secondary Gunfighter
- Danger Close
Perks (Note: Perks can no longer go pro)
- Ghost: Hides you from UAVs when you are moving
- Flak Jacket: Take less explosive damage.
- Blind Eye: Unaffected by AI-controlled perks.
- Hardline: Receive bonus score points.
- Lightweight: Move faster, take no damage from falling.
- Cold Blooded: Resistance to targeting systems including Dual Band, Target Finder, Sensor Grenades and player-controlled aircraft.
- Hard Wired: Immune to counter-UAV and enemy EMPs.
- Scavenger: Replenish ammo and grenades from fallen enemies.
- Toughness: Flinch less when shot.
- Fast Hands: Swap grenades faster, use grenades and equipment faster, and safely throw back frag grenades.
- Dead Silence: Move silently.
- Engineer: Show enemy equipment in the world, delay explosives and re-roll and booby trap care packages.
- Tactical Mask: Reduce the effect of flash, concussion and shock charges.
- Extreme Conditioning: Sprint for a longer duration.
- Awareness: Enemy movements are easier to hear.
- Dexterity: Climb ladders and mantle over objects faster, recover from melee faster and aim faster after sprinting.
Carrier: Chinese Supercarrier. Open engagements on the deck, with great close quarter fights through the hull.
Cargo: Port of Singapore. Good for close quarters engagements and verticality.
Drone: Hidden drone facility in the heart of the Myanmar jungles. Great long engagements down the center, fun close quarter fights through the facility.
Express: Los Angeles bullet train station. Good long-to-medium engagements up and down the bullet train tracks.
Hijacked: Luxurious super yacht. Frantic, yet controlled close quarters engagements.
Aftermath: Set in a ruined downtown Los Angeles after an invasion.
Meltdown: Pakistan nuclear power plant. Battle for control of the nuclear cooling tower and the surrounding facilities.
Nightclub: Floating resort in the middle of the Indian Ocean. Tight corners and angles throughout.
Overflow: Peshawar, Pakistan. Great urban engagements in the flooded streets.
Raid: Fight through this hillside mansion, in the Hollywood Hills. Hectic close quarters engagements.
Slums: Run down section of Panama. Great close quarters engagements and tough chokes to fight over.
Socotra: (Update – originally “Yemen” as seen in the Black Ops 2 gamescom live streams) Urban streets of Yemen. Tight alleys and close quarters engagements.
Turbine: Wind farm in the steep hills of Yemen. Fight across the different tiers and angles.
Village: Border town between China and Kyrgyzstan. Classic engagements and destinations to fight over.
Don’t forget to pick up your copy Monday November 13th! Right after that add me on PSN @ Warcries or DramatikiLL.